|Project Areas||Kebethigollewa Village, D6 Wahalkada in Anurudhapura District|
|Duration||1st October 2017 to 31st October 2017|
|Funded by||Rotaract Club of Achievers Lanka Business School|
|Project Cost||LKR. 395,120.00|
|Project Objective||To promote rainwater harvesting systems as a practical, disaster resilient water supply option for dry zone areas by demonstration and building capacity of community on rain water harvesting.
Objective 1: Demonstrate and provide disaster-resilient water supplies to vulnerable communities in war affected and dry zone areas of Sri Lanka.
|Project Activities||Objective I
Activity 1: Implementation of 5,000 L Domestic RWHS in Kebethigollewa
Four beneficiaries were selected out of the 8 requests received by LRWHF from the community.
- Mrs. S. Jeewarani
- Mrs. Sithara Sujani Dayaratne
- Mr. R. Ariyadasa
- Mrs. Renuka Kumari Herath
Four Rain water harvesting system consisting of 5,000 L PE tank, base, gutters, first flush system and filter construction was completed on the 6th of November 2017.
- Heavy rain during the construction of RWHS.
- Delay in delivery of one PE tank due its un-availability in the factory.
- Hardware in the village did not have some PVC items. The items not available were ordered from nearest hardware store.