International Workshop on Rain Water Harvesting
September 27-29 2006, Kandy, Sri Lanka
Theme: “Making Rain Water Every bodies business”
An International workshop Jointly organized by the Lanka Rain Water Harvesting Forum (LRWHF), the Rain Water Harvesting Secretariat of the Ministry of Urban Development & Water Supply and National Water Supply & Drainage Board (NWS&DB) will be held on 27th to 29th September 2006 in Kandy.
The workshop will focus on best practice and lessons learned on the sustainable use of rain water harvesting systems and its future developments.
The workshop will provide a global forum for practitioners, policy makers, academics and researchers from a wide range experience in the water sector to meet and share experience. In addition to formal paper presentations, their will be opportunities for participants to present their work in workshops and discussion sessions.
One day of the conference will be devoted in field visits which will give local and international participants the opportunity to see examples of rain water system in Sri Lanka.
- Provide an opportunity for international networking and sharing of knowledge and experience relating to all aspects of rain water harvesting
- Provide a platform for intervention among all those working for dissemination of information on improvement of rainwater harvesting technology for its greater and wider acceptance, recognizing it as an urgent to meet the fresh water requirement across all sectors of human life.
- The increased networking archived through this workshop will give a boost to the cause and lead to a movement for a Global Water Revolution for peace and progress.
- Provide a platform for achieving a critical mass of stakeholders to promote integrated approaches to water management through Rain Water Harvesting.
- Ensure that Rain Water Harvesting is effectively sustained, both in policy and practice.
- M. Sirinivasan – Centre for Science and Environment, New Delhi, India
- Prof. Andrew Lo – President (former) of International Rain Water Catchments Association
- Dr. Segar Raghavan, Director, Rain Centre, Chennai, India
- Mr. Han Heijnen, Adviser Environmental Health, World Health Organization (WHO),Nepal
- Prof. Chao Hsien Liaw, Divisional Chief and President of Taiwan Rain Water Catchments Association, Coastal Disaster Prevention Research Centre, China Taiwan
- Masahiro IMBE, Executive Director, Association of Rain Water Storage and Infiltration Technology (ARSIT), Japan
- Prof. Qiang Zhu, Gansu Research Institute for Water Conservancy, China.